Who do I talk to?

Public servants have two avenues to disclose a wrongdoing. You can report internally to your employer through Designated Officers. Under PIDA every government institution must designate a senior official called the “Designated Officer” to deal with disclosures.  A list of Designated Officers is available at the Public Service Commission website, on the PID Information for Public Servants page, under PID Designated Officers.

can also report externally directly to the Public Interest Disclosure Commissioner.  The Commissioner’s office is not an office of last resort; you do not have to exhaust all other options before coming to us. You can come to the Commissioner first and instead of your employer if you prefer.

Who you report to is up to you. No matter who you report to you are equally protected from reprisals.

Top of Page